Nov 12, 2009

Memories ~

I always choose my friends over anything..
To me, friends are most important..
I’ll even jump off a building for a friend -hypothetically speaking..
But, all that was years ago..
Before my friends betrayed my friendship..

I used to be good friends with a girl at school..
We practically do everything with each other..
Eat together, Go to class together, and Go out together..
And we can talk about almost anything with each other..

One day, she got a boyfriend..
I was more then thrilled for her..
We spent hours just talking about her dates and such..
Since I own a phone at that time,
Her boyfriend started calling me to talk to her..

One night, her boyfriend called me and wishes to talk to me..
Because they had a fight..
I talked to him trying to mend their relationship again..
It was brief enough and they made up the next day..
But starting that day..
He always called me twice a day..
Once to talk to my friend..
And the other to talk to me..

Being naïve as I was at that time..
I thought he was just being friendly towards his girlfriend’s friend..
But within a month, my friend started crying every night..
Saying that her boyfriend has changed..
That her boyfriend is no longer in love with her..

Being a good friend that I was,
I talked to her boyfriend and try to help them with their relationship..
But then, the next day, I got slapped by my own best friend..
Just because her boyfriend fell in love with me..
Accusing me of stealing her boyfriend from her..
Flirting with her boyfriend without her knowing..
Even though I know nothing of the situation at that time..


I was very deeply hurt..
And honestly, even now, I am still hurt..
I lost a very good friend of mine..
Just because of a worthless guy..
That I have never seen, just talked to on the phone..
And I am even more hurt..
Because a friend I’ve known for so long..
Would think so lowly of me..
And broke our friendship just because of a guy that came into our life..

To me, friendship is priceless..
There is no price to it..
No price to have it..
And no price to give up on it..

But, my best friend ended our friendship it so easily..
Because of such trivial matter..
So, I guess, my friendship with her has a price to it after all..
And it has such a small amount to it..

No comments: